1. Consider Roomy Khan’s argument that the penalties for performance-enhancing drug use should be higher or the drugs should be allowed.
2. Analyze a survey of drugs the Olympics bans at Encyclopaedia Britannica.
3. Explore the risks of performance-enhancing drugs at the Mayo Clinic.
4. Consider how you felt about the issue before reading this article. After reading the pros and cons on this topic, has your thinking changed? If so, how? List two to three ways. If your thoughts have not changed, list two to three ways your better understanding of the “other side of the issue” now helps you better argue your position.
5. Push for the position and policies you support by writing US national senators and representatives.