- Associated Press Sports Writer
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should Performance Enhancing Drugs (Such as Steroids) Be Accepted in Sports?"
“In cycling, doping allegations can instantly tarnish a sponsor’s reputation – and make it difficult to draw new multinational companies into the sport… Deutsche Telekom, the main sponsor of the T-Mobile team and a leading sports sponsor in Europe, last month ended its 16-year involvement in cycling because of a series of doping cases. Audi and Adidas also dropped their team… When Discovery Channel decided to end its sponsorship of Lance Armstrong’s former team this year, [the] team leader… had a full replacement company lined up. But it, too, pulled out at the last minute because of doping scandals… It makes the 2008 season all the more crucial for the future of professional cycling – if doping stays in the news its downward spiral might become irreversible.”
“Continued Doping Scandals Have Some Cycling Sponsors Backpedaling,” USA Today, Dec. 14, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Sports Writer, Associated Press
- His articles have been published by the Bostom Globe, eTaiwan News, Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, The Guardian, and USA Today among others
- Translator, Animal Rights/Human Rights: Entaglements of Oppression and Liberation, written by David Alan Nibert, 2002
- Translator, Privacy and the Information Age, written by Serge Gutwirth, 2002
- None found
- None found
- Quoted in: