- Sports journalist for the BBC
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should Performance Enhancing Drugs (Such as Steroids) Be Accepted in Sports?"
“Without out-of-competition testing you can just about forget catching cheats – in-competition testing only catches the spiked or the stupid…
So let’s be clear: Wada’s mission is difficult, its limitations are legion and its intentions are among the very best.
But as Oscar Wilde once said ‘it is always with the best intentions that the worst work is done’.”
“Why the Code’s Not It for WADA,” Matt Slater’s Blog, BBC Sport, Feb. 19, 2009
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- BBC sports journalist, 2000-present
- Recipient, Internet Sports Writer Award, Sports Journalists’ Association, 2007
- BA, History and Italian, University of Leeds, 1996
- Twitter handle: bbc_matt