- Senior Sports Writer for the Sydney Morning Herald
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should Performance Enhancing Drugs (Such as Steroids) Be Accepted in Sports?"
“These [2008 Beijing] Olympic Games are being held in the country that is the world’s factory of performance-enhancing drugs.
Pessimists would claim this persistent exposure of drug cheating is proof that the drugs in sport battle is not being won. Optimists would claim this is proof that the testing is working. The truth is probably in the middle.”
“Taking a Punt on Drugs Is Fool’s Gold,” The Age, Aug. 8, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Senior Sports Writer, Sydney Morning Herald, 1992-present
- Chief Olympics Correspondent, Sydney Morning Herald
- Regular panelist, Offsiders (Australian television sports program)
- Regular panellist, The Footy Show (Australian rules football program)
- Recipient, Walkley Award for Excellence in Journalism, 2004
- Former Sports Editor, St George & Sutherland Shire Leader newspaper
- None found
- In 1995 Magnay won a case in the Human Rights and Equal Opportunities Commission that sought equal access for female journalists in sports locker rooms.